Two Crazy Broads...
...both named Andrea, found each other when they STUMBLED into the same virtual dive bar in 2015.
We were both kicking off our corporate golden handcuffs, admitting to each other on that fateful, vodka-filled day, that we wanted to dive headfirst into our own gigs as solopreneurs – as soon as happy hour ended, of course! 🥃🍸
While bellied up to the bar, Dre shared that she was ditching the grind of her soul-sucking 9-to-5 in favor of working with solos as a graphic designer and visual brand strategist. And Andy explained that she was shifting her marketing communications strategy skills away from her cushy Fortune 120 clients to be of service to small and mid-sized businesses and nonprofits.
From the moment we met we knew we found a kindred spirit in each other. We knew, that night, that we would do something together in the future. It was written all over the (bathroom) wall!
Four years and many hours of check ins, gut-busting laugh fests and frenetic “what if…” sessions later, we decided that The Solopreneur Society would be our playground. And that #theantiguruway would be our badge of honor.
HERE'S JUST A SMALL TASTING MENU OF WHAT WE OFFER AT
The Solopreneur Society...
FACEBOOK SUPPORT LOUNGE
A no BS-zone where the coolest solopreneurs on planet internet receive mentorship, training, and support from the community to build a brand with a cult-like following. Think of it as colleagues without cubicles, knowledge without nonsense, and a space for learning without lectures.
one eighty lounge
One-stop-shop to help solopreneurs turn their brands into cashflow amusements parks. Membership includes access to colleagues who'll tell you when you "have spinach in your teeth," concierge-style mentorship from us — including access to every piece of content we have made or will make in the future, and deals on services that'll finally make paying shit away doable. All without the absolutes you'll find in the "Guru Pipeline."
POUR & PAINT BRANDING BAR
Creating a red carpet-ready look for your brand doesn’t have to break your balls, your budget, or your spirit — and no you don’t have to cave on originality either. We’ve put together several visual identity suites that we’ll customize for you. What? Yes! Let us do the heavy lifting to help you make your virtual playground so buzz-worthy that people will drop everything – including their hard-earned cash – just to hang out with you.
You aren't like anyone else!
Neither are we.
That’s why we’re championing #theantiguruway as our moniker (and way of life).
We don’t hide behind fluff nor do we censor ourselves to make someone else feel comfortable. We put our full personalities on display each and every day — without fail. We aren’t abrasive or aggressive about it. And we certainly won’t belittle or shame you. But we absolutely do embrace our uniqueness. You might even say we flaunt it. Why? Because it’s the one true differentiator that matters.
Click the toggles below to get the low down, dirty deets about these two crazy broads!
WHAT'S UP, I'M DRE...
I’m what the kids call a branding junkie. I eat, breathe, and geek it all day, every day. WELL, when I’m not hanging out with my lil’ guy, trying to lift the “I hope you have a kid just like you” curse my mother put on me.
I’ve spent the last five years studying, dissecting, and reverse engineering, cult brands. Everything they do, how they do it, and how it's received.
I’ve become quite the human decoder ring. I just have a sixth sense when it comes to deciphering a brand’s identity, which has helped me hone a battle-tested development system for building (or rebuilding) one from scratch.
Once upon a time (not even 5 years ago) I was far from leading my own cult brand. I was sitting in a beige cubicle at my soul sucking 9-5 contemplating which desk accessory to impale myself with. Yeah, it was extreme but (shameless confession!) I contemplated weirder shit that I thought could get me out of work. That world just sucked my mojo dry!
Today life is staggeringly different and I don't mean the vodka kind of staggering!
I now run my own five-figure (and growing) cult brand in between dance parties, park shenanigans, and potty-training meltdowns. The freedom my life is drenched in these days is quenching like a tall glass of spiked lemonade on a blistering summer day. Damn those drink analogies, I can’t help it.
The icing on that chocolate cake (which coincidentally also happens to be the name of one of my favorite vodka-based shots – look it up!) has been helping so many clients and students develop, strengthen, and grow THEIR OWN legendary brands.
25 random facts
About Me (Dre)
- 1Happy Hour is my favorite time of the day. 🍸
- 2I hate chocolate. I know, I know! 🍫
- 3Characters at amusement parks creep me out!
- 4Dancing on shit is my contribution to parties. 💃🏽
- 5I’m obsessed with
realitytrash TV. 📺
- 6I’ve talked to myself since I was a kid, and I must say they are colorful conversations.
- 799.9% of the time I misspell ‘entrepreneur’.
- 8I enjoy coming up with shocking responses when people ask me the age old question “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?” 😈
- 9I’m 100% fluent in sarcasm and sexual innuendo.
- 10Anything under 70° and I start adding layers. (yep, total spoiled Californian!)
- 11I use an absurd number of emojis when I type ( so there's less "sarcasm" confusion that way)! 🤷🏽♀️
- 12I’ve got some wicked germaphobe issues that seem to get worse with age (Covid-19 didn't help)! 🦠
- 13My favorite fruit is fermented grapes. 🍷
- 14I have enough shoes to wear a different pair everyday for at least 4 months. Yes I know it’s an addiction, duh! 👢👢
- 15I’ll drink just about any beverage when the main ingredient is vodka. 🍸👍🏼
- 16I’m a list making machine and relish the act of crossing sh*t off of them!
- 17I think donating my body to science would be epic.
- 18I’m obsessed with my cat. (Yes, I consider him my baby...and yes, I have a real baby!) 😻
- 19Most days I feel like a dirty old man trapped in a young woman shell. Strange but pretty dead on.
- 20Caffeine is the only major vice I've never had.
- 21My millionaire dream is to have a chauffeur – I absolutely hate driving! 🚘🚫
- 2299% of the time I am doing something silly or inappropriate in pictures. 😜
- 23I love bangs but I always feel like there’s a dead animal on my forehead.
- 24Assigning you a nickname is a sign of affection…usually.
- 25I refuse to write with a pencil, it’s so archaic. ✏️
HEY THERE, I'M ANDY...
I was a disruptor at an early age — just ask my middle school teachers who sent me home with daily report cards because I wouldn’t stop talking in class.
I’ve certainly learned to channel my methods since then… without losing my spirit!
Today, my passion is to help solopreneurs design communication strategies to launch their products and services, nurture their target audiences and grow their businesses — while demystifying marketing automation tech to enable it all.
But you probably already knew that. Here’s what you may not know. I am constantly amazed by my clients’ joy when I am just simply myself — infusing my passions for original thought, candid straight talk and collaborative partnership into every project of theirs that I take on.
A business bestie once described me as the one who brings the boardroom into the corner bar. (<< Ok, it was Dre!) I like that. I’m going to own it. And here’s why: I enjoy breaking down complex concepts into golden nuggets for learning and implementation by anyone… even my friends on the stools at my favorite watering hole.
You may chuckle at that, but I’ll tell you a secret. My balance of egg-head analysis and non-conforming creativity has served me well. It's given me the pleasure of steering marketing communications strategies for organizations of all types — from the smallest non-profits to large Fortune 120 companies. I’ve even had the honor of working on behalf of a client who was part of a U.S. presidential inauguration. True story!
In my 20+ year award-winning career I have always stood for connection to people… connection to community… and connection to the greater good. And I always will.
a cosmo-style quiz
About Me (Andy)